Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Twas the night before Thanksgiving.

So I have ran my lil bum all over today. I realized this a.m. we probably had some last minute items that needed picking up. Then I sprung up outta bed realizing .. as of 1 pm there will be no transportation here again until 2 am, and stores are all closing at midnight. Ummm .. Guess I better get movin.

So Catcher Dude and I ran to the store. I was actually prepared for long lines. But they were really good. So my plan was run us to the store. Make sure I got all I wanted/needed. Make sure I got all CD wanted/needed. Then run his lil butt into school. Um .. NOPE not how that went down.

We went to store. Got stuff for him to make him happy. Plus I saw this commercial the other day for a new One A Day Multi-Vitamin for teen boys. Saw that and thought Score! Home Run! We are taking these home.

Left there, brought groceries home. Then I sucked in and let CD stay home so he could go to TKD morning class, since he would miss again tonight, no car. Then off again to Sam's. Oh but we didn't make it there. We ended up at TRU, looking around.

So then it was time to drop him off at TKD. I ran up to school, dropped off left of purchases yesterday. Worked the cart for an hour. Rushed off picked up CD from TKD. We realized we forgot the crust for his cheesecake. So back to grocery store. Then home. For dad dude and him to rush off to park to throw. Back home. Dad dude left for work and Catcher dude and I set off on our dessert adventure. We made:

Cheesecake
Chocolate Pie
Pumpkin Spice Pudding
Pumpkin Pie (currently baking)

We might bake a cake later, still not sure about that one. Now I am sitting and resting. I am just beat. Plus we didn't get the best news today. But more later on that one.

I found a cute story/poem I will leave you with:

'Twas The Night Before Thanksgiving

'Twas the Night before Thanksgiving and all through the house
Mom was at the stove stirring and splattered her blouse.

The kids were in their beds, tucked in with care
while mom was in the kitchen, ready to pull out her hair.

The turkey, still frozen, sat in the sink
And all she could think of was "I need a drink."

The potatoes, cranberry sauce and the punch that was spiked
And the green bean with onion stuff that nobody liked,

All sat ready, in the fridge peacefully
And mom’s next thought was "I could really use some sleep."

But not yet, because though the food was prepared
Now the house had to be cleaned - except for upstairs.

So she scrubbed and she dusted up high and down low,
But she smartly skipped anything that wouldn't show.

Toward midnight it was, and tired was she
After prepping the meal and cleaning - Yippee!

For now it was time to get a little sleep
She was tired enough, no need to count sheep.

Because in a few short hours, the chaos would begin
And she would then know if she really did win.

When she sees the smiles and hears the laughter flow
Then, and only then, will she know

That even though a mom works harder than most
It is worth it when you are known as the host

That makes sure her family and her guests have their fun
And good food to eat when her work is done.

But she better sit down and have a glass of wine
Because she'll do it all again in a short month's time.

No comments: