Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Rest in Peace ..

I posted the same title back last Dec.

Well my aunt from that post decided it was time to go as well. Lasted 11 months after her husband. Which BTW they never would tell her he passed away. That is the dumbest thing I have heard of. (IMHO)

Though I am very sad she is gone. She really was gone long before today. I hate so bad that Alzheimer’s takes so much from you. Takes you from your loved ones. It really is a hard disease to come to terms with. I can not remember how long she has been in a nuring home. 6-7 years. Of not speaking. Of not walking. Hand fed. She really was back at baby stage. She is much better off. She had stopped being able to eat about 11 days ago.

Also I never updated my facts from that earlier post. I had it as 2 of the 5 girls has been dignoised with Alzheimer's. Nope. That is 3 of the 5. But actually one sister died in 72 with cancer. So those that remain .. 3 of the 4. Who is the fourth?

My mother ......

I am scared to death!

Had I known 13 years ago that it would run through my family, even though they claim Alzheimer's does not run in the family and that is is not heredity, I would have never gotten married. I would have never had children!! I feel very strongly about this.

(sorry once again I got wrapped up in talking about that .. happen last time as well)

The family reunion is scheduled for Saturday, this date has been set since my uncles funeral last December, and her funeral is Sunday. I personally wish they would do it all in one day. It is a 2 hour drive each way. I do not want to have to drive back and forth Saturday and Sunday. I am not sure what her children are thinking. *sigh*

I am just happy she is not trapped in that body of hers anymore. That is she not in pain anymore.

God Bless!!

No comments: