Sunday, November 23, 2008

on the seventh day

She rests. I have been very fortunate lately that on Sunday's I get to lay around all day. I absolutely did nadda today. I have been tivo'n lots of Christmas movies lately. So today I laid in bed all day and watched TV. Cat napped. It is so nice. Dad dude made dinner. Dad dude dishes. Dad dude took out trash. Yep! Finally he is movin and groovin. Guess he finally realized I do not give a Flyin Frisbee and it can all pile up to high heaven.

Last night was the fundraiser for catcher dudes baseball team. The team hosted Mouse Races. So they had 7 races. Plus there were silent auctions, mouse roulette, and Raffle baskets. I personally didn't want to go. I wanted to stay in bed, pull covers over head and stay put. But being the good lil mommy I am I got up and went. It was okay. It just bites the events are always 40-50 minutes away for us. So we left at 4p and didn't get home until after midnight. Dad dude was nice enough to work my shift for me so I could just sit, chat, and place bets. The team brought in approximately over $3000. Which was a nice amount. Unfortunately it still doesn't cover our share. I was hoping we would not be out anymore out of pocket for the upcoming season. Oh well.

Funny story though .. kids were not allowed to attend. So to make catcher dude feel like he wasn't left out I called him for picking numbers in the mouse roulette, picking mice, etc. The first call I made was number for 1st mouse roulette. He wanted 95. But the numbers only went to 50. So he picked 5. It was a $5 buy, with a payout of $125. I be damn if when the mouse was dropped on the board if it didn't run straight to number 5. Lil shit Darling lil Catcher dude won the $125. That was the only $5 one the did the rest of the night. The rest were $2 buy with payouts of $50.

Then second race he won $5. He picked the mouse named after him (they picked 11 mice and gave them names, plus their last names and player number) .. so his was Bulldog (last name #95). Actually this darn mouse kind of ran and leaped over the last two hurdles without touching carpet. lol. Freak! Then Catcher dude didn't bet again to the 6th race. He won again. Another $5. So all in all for having to stay home and miss out on a night out. He raked in the dough. He received $135 when we got home.

Dad dude and I ... we didn't do so well. Didn't win anymore roulettes, and our tickets were not picked for any of the baskets. Oh Well!! Catcher Dude is a happy camper.

No comments: