Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Cookin' with Special Guest Star Catcher Dude

CD has never show an interest to the daily life survival. (Cooking & Laundry) so when he signed up for his class courses this trimester I was in shock when I found he signed up for F.A.C.S. (Family and Consumer Science) or Home Ec in my days. But hey whatever floats your boat, good for you.

Anywho.how.and way.

He decided Sunday he was going to bake. But mom was tired. Mom wanted to stay in the bed she lay in. Waa. waa. Mom! Get up. Stop pissin and moaning. So sent him in the pantry to see what he could find in a box.

CD: Yellow Cake? Nah!
CD: Angel Food Cake? Nah!
CD: Brownies? Nah!
CD: White Cake? Nah!

Me: Will you stop talking to yourself and pick already!!
CD: Corn Bread? Nah!
CD: Can we go to store? .. Never mind! Dad is gone. Oh...wait...here is some Cinnamon Swirl Bread. Can I make this?
Me: That is fine. Do you want me to come in there and help?
CD: No. Just stay in there and if I need help I will ask.
Me: Okay. I will pop in my favorite one of my favorite holiday movies and lay on the couch.
CD: Fine with me.


I start the movie. I am watching.

CD: Mom where is the bowls?
*pause movie*
Me:
Above the sink.
*resume*
CD: mommm!?! where is the measuring cups?
*pause movie*
Me: Above the dishwasher.
*resume*
CD: mom, where is the bread pan?
*pause movie* Get off the couch this time.
Me: Under there. (pointing) Why is it you put the dishes away ALLLL the time, but you don't seem to know where anything is?
CD: I dunno. Guess I wasn't thinking and was easier just to ask.
*rolling my eyes*

I ended up just staying in there and supervising the whole process. He did really good actually and the bread (that by the way he will not eat as he doesn't like cinnamon) turned out really good. He was extremely nervous about the whole hot oven, getting it out thing, but he managed to do it very well. In fact he managed to take his very own pizza out of the oven last night. *yeah! Catcher Dude!!* He wants to attempt baking/cooking something from scratch here in a couple weeks. Go for it babe!!

Mommy moments .. they really never do end. :p

Now maybe she (his F.A.C.S) will turn him on to the washing machine. Ha ha!!

5 comments:

Just Me said...

Testing to see if comment can be left.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

OH HO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you realize how long I have been trying to reach you and comment etc????

Just Me said...

Well I am glad it is back up and working. Who Knew? :P

soubriquet said...

Baseball in Finnish is Pesäpallo.

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

Hey! YAY!

Oh. I think I commented to to Catcher Dude but for some reason, the way he was posted on your profile I got confuse and thought he was the other half.

Or someone. There was a bunch of baseball stuff and I just said, who I am, and what the problem was (no comments).

Happy Tuesday!