Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Snow Day

It was nice to know before we went to bed that no alarms will have to be set. No schedules to keep. Just a lazy day. I really figured that the snow would not come. When all the hype is around weather coming, it usually doesn't, or doesn't in the capacity they say. Seems like we did get the 3-4 inches they were calling for. Now late this morning freezing rain on top of that, changing to more snow later in the afternoon - through the night. So they might not have school again tomorrow. The only issue I have with that is now we will be on borrowed time and will have to go to school into June. Nah! By then it is a PITA. Baseball in full swing and such. I would rather now just get it done and over with.

PLUS! The major issue around here with CD not having school, he wants out of here. He wants to either go to the batting cages, or the practice facility. Where I am thinking, hmmm .. school is closed and you want me to drive on that mess? Hmmm .. I dunno. But he goes on and on .. and on and on. Drives me crazy!! I am wondering if I even want to risk driving :35 minutes to practice tonight. I am not certain about the weather. With more coming and that such a far distance from us. Guess we will see.

So when all else has failed and mom will not get up and move.

"FINE!" Comes out his mouth and "I will just go see if I can shovel some driveways to help fund baseball this summer!!"

I said not a word! Man where went the days of Snow Days where we make coco and watch movies, make cookies, snuggle in bed and waste a day away? *sighs*

Teens .. that is what happened!!

Hope all the other moms of snow day kids are enjoying their day.






Baseball Mom

1 comment:

Yellow Beads said...

you get "snow days"...and we get "hurricane days" in the fall. I don't know which sounds worse, ha.