Sunday, January 4, 2009

Almost the end .. nothing to show

Well I am not sure where the time went. He had 18 days off and we are down to one last day. That is it! We did nadda! I am sure we had BIG plans. We always fill the days up and go where did they all go? Not this time. The days were filled with me laying in bed and catcher dude... well that is a very good question. I can not even really tell you what he did. There wasn't any complaining. Never said anything. But I still feel really bad.

I would love to take him to the movies tomorrow. There is all sorts out he wanted to see. But I just really do not think I could sit through a movie. There is always the never fail eating out. But that feels lame at this point. I will have to think about this and see what I can come up with. I almost bet he will give me his line, "That's okay. We don't have to do anything." But I know he is disappointed.

Dad dude is back to work tomorrow. Seems like even though he didn't have any vacation left he was here a lot over the holidays as well. But everything now is back to the grind. Catcher Dude cleaned, straighten, and re-stocked that backpack of his tonight. He did none of the reading over the holiday as he was supposed to. GREAT!

So that about sums up the 17 days ... wasted! All I can do now is hope for feeling better come his next break.




Hey! The more I really think about it I guess he really didn't sit around doing nothing the whole time. There was the hospital, Christmas Eve @ my moms, Christmas here, went to mall to shop, went to friends house, 2 day baseball camp, TKD here and there, weekend baseball camp, went with dad a few times.

.. so I guess it really wasn't a big wash. Guess it was more he and I didn't get to do, go, hang out. Okay! So I guess I don't feel as bad. LOL. Guess more mom feeling sorry for herself that her 18 day break was a waste. Al'right. So enough ramble!

2009 will get better. I know it!



Baseball Mom

2 comments:

Yellow Beads said...

Hey there! I have an award for you on my blog today!! :))

Gary's third pottery blog said...

lookie there, and AWARD!
And that will be one TOTALLY cute little doggy sweater!