Thursday, December 18, 2008

Surgery Set ... Darn!!

I went to the Dr. on Tuesday and even though I begged, borrowed, and pleaded for him to wait until after the first of the year .. Nope!!

I have an abscess and fistula(??) that can not wait. I can not stand this surgeon. He has no bed side manners. He is rude and hateful. I hate this is the man I have to rely on. I barley could get him to stand still and explain what he was doing. Then when I asked how much will I be unconvinced with the drain I will have to have for 8 weeks, he flew off the handle. UGH!!

Excuse me?!? I am the only one here to take care of kid. Who does not stand still a minute. Every night he has some clinic, camp, lesson, etc. I just paid for him to take that 3 day camp week of News Years, So excuse me for wanting to know how I will/will not be getting around.

Of course it is the 22nd of December, my husband has no vacation left. Why would he? *rolling eyes* The Dr. was going to be nice (shocker there) and push all his surgeries back to place me first thing in a.m so DH could be there but still be able to leave by 1:15p to go to work. Oh but of course his employer changed their hours from 2p-12:30a to 6a-4:30p these coming up two weeks. Ugh! But least when I have to have the other surgery in 8 weeks he will have vacation again, and can be there. (That was DH reasoning .. whatever!!)

I am sick to death of there being something wrong with me all the time. I have been on some type of antibiotics since end of August. One type of infection after another. You would think ONE Dr. could pin point this and fix it. But no I have bounced from Dr. to Dr. fixing one infection in this area .. to another infection in this area. The top of my microwave looks like the darn pharmacy at Wal-greens. lol.

I really did not want to be laid up for Christmas. This is one of my favorite times when Catcher Dude is home. I hate .. hate .. hate .. this!!

(Stomping my feet and pouting!!)

4 comments:

Yellow Beads said...

Oh I am sorry about the bad timing!! Do you have Crohn's disease!?!

Amy said...

I was just getting ready to ask the same thing. Fistulas are almost exclusively seen with Crohn's. Monica, I don't know if you remember, but I have UC, which is very similar to Crohn's.

Good luck with the surgery.

Just Me said...

Jennifer: No one has ever mentioned Crohn's, so I would have to say no.

Amy: Thanks. I will have to look up UC and Crohn's and see what it says. I suppose I could ask crabby Dr. see what he says.

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

Yes Gal. Look it up. Sometimes we diagnose ourselves best. Awful. And, antibiotics are hard on the body and immune system.

It could also be a form of community spread MRSA. I don't know all your symptoms but it becomes infected and they have to lance or drain and put you on mega-antibiotics.

Sheeze....poor you. :-(