Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Disappearing

All signs of the holidays. CD & CDD took down the lights today from the house. The weather was warm and soon to turn colder so CD thought it would be a good day to take all the outdoor decorations. :(

I love the decorations. It is my favorite part of the holiday season. The tree is still up so I can still sneak in late at night dragging blanket and pillow behind me and snuggle up in my favorite chair and click on the lights and lay and stare. I was totally not in the mood to put the stuff out this year. I really saw no sense. But the one thing that save me this past week was the tree. All the restless nights of not sleeping due to pain or uncomfortableness. I could sneak in and turn on the lights. Watch them. Falling back in and out of sleep. :) I will miss it. Though I bet if I sweet talked bribed catcher dude enough, he will put off taking the tree down for a while longer. lol. Might catch holy heck from CDD as he was told to take it down. lol. But I bet I can stall them for a tad longer. May? June? LOL.

I just don't think we get to enjoy the lights and decorations enough. I want more time. Maybe after Halloween next year? hmmm ...




Baseball Mom

2 comments:

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

I guess I'll be taking our tree down tomorrow. I love the decor but then I start getting ancy about the work and having to put it all away again.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

we decided to leave the pretty white lights strung from the living room ceiling up until daylight savings time!