Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmas Meme

I have seen this meme on several blogs. I usually do not do meme's, but I am all about Christmas so I thought I would chime in.


1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Usually always wrapping paper. Occasionally I will use a bag, but I enjoy paper better. Usually snowman. I just :heart: snowmen.

2. Real tree or Artificial? Always had an artificial. I have mentioned getting a real tree a couple times, but DH says they are a pain.

3. When do you put up the tree? Usually Thanksgiving night, or next day.

4. When do you take the tree down? Varies. Usually first week in January. Once it was in April or May. Then there was the year of the ice storm, that tree didn't get down at all that year. lol.

5. Do you like eggnog? Sure. Why not?

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Didn't have Christmas as a child. But one December in possible '79 -'80 my parents got me Operation and a Polaroid camera. I still remember those gifts.

7. Hardest person to buy for? Since usually I only buy for husband or child, I will go with husband.

8. Easiest person to buy for? Since usually I only buy for husband or child, I will go with child.

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yep, well son does. He sets it up in his room on the top of his dresser.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? If I send them, mail cards.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Nothing comes to mind.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Oh I have so many. I will go top 3, in no particular order. (1) The Santa Clause. (2) It's a Wonder Life. (3) Polar Express.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Usually sometime in December. This year though since we are not having Christmas I didn't have to shop at all.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Not that I can remember .. [thinking .. thinking .. thinking] Nope. Least not that I recall.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Everything. LOL. I am a fan of Christmas cookies.

16. Lights on the tree? Yes. Clear.

17. Favorite Christmas songs: All of them. I am a BIG BIG fan of Christmas music.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home. Though last couple years son and I drove over to my mothers, but that less than 3 miles, so I do not think that is considered traveling. This year we won't even have to do that.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Hmm .. possible, maybe, probably since I seen the answers.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? We had a star of the top of our first Christmas tree when we first got married. Then we bought our BIG tree and we had a big bow that went on top. When the bow broke we had an angel. Then we downsized tree and we can not find an angel or a star that doesn't bend the top, and isn't heavy. I think I will go back to a bow, just thought of that as I was typing this answer. But to answer question: Currently nothing.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Attitudes.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Homemade.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Ham, yams, pecan & Pumpkin pie.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I am good.

1 comment:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

you want to be good for Christmas?
;^)