Thursday, August 2, 2012

Day 2 Soda Challenge, Cuts, Hospitals, Oh My!

I no sooner post this Soda Challenge post and I get a phone call from teen.

Me: Hello
Teen: Mom
Me: Yes
Teen: I have some bad news
Me: (to self do not panic .. do not panic) Yeessss
Teen: I cut my finger at work, they are sending me to hospital.
Me: Ok. You are right to drive?
Teen: Yep.
Me: Ok, I will meet you there soon as find a ride.
Teen: I am on way to pick u up.

Okay so that was at 10:32. We were not seen for many moons after that. :( Busy night. Here is where I thought was the DOOM of my Challenge. There was no water. None to be bought. None in cooler for those waiting .. nada. I am dying of thirst. Teen brought me he thought was a diet, it wasn't. :( I took one sip and the sugar taste about knocked me over. That was it. I never drank anymore. My sister works behind hospital we were at. So when she went on break she brought me a refreshing drink. ;)

(Note: I decided I was not counting that sip against my challenge & I am moving on)


The cut really wasn't that bad. But work eh, what ya going to do? lol. When we finally at around one was placed in a room. It still wasn't a quick thing.


See how not stopping the texting & playing on phone? Yeah! what I am saying. We did not need to be there. They did end up gluing the flap back together. Thought that was that and we would be on our way. WRONG. Work Comp was on way to do a Pee test for Drug Screen. Bad news, it would be an hour, hour and a half before they got there. Head ---> Desk.



We finally got out of there at 4 a.m. I was not a happy camper by then. Way past this old gals bedtime. Teen is staving. I am starving. So he grabs the quickest Fast Food. I tried picking something I thought would be ok.

(When I went to log it this a.m. I was NOT happy with the calorie count .. noted .. just cuz you are in the drive thru do not cut corners and not look up the food you are putting in mouth.)

Lesson learned on that, next time it is all teens working night shift, do not let them tell you they need medical care. LOL

Aother thing. I have learned to grab charger for cell. I need to also add jacket or sweater. I end up ALWAYS freezing. lol. I am learning. To many hospital trips.

So that is my update ...


Just Me
©2006-2012 emptynester, all rights reserved.

No comments: