Thursday, January 5, 2006

Someday We'll Laugh About This Week!

The kid started doing writing prompt's at school this week, and that was the title of today's writing prompt. I really liked it. Caught my eye ... the paper reads as follows:

Prompt: Did you know that it usually takes less than a
week for people to break 9 out of 10 of their New Year's resolutions? Most people laugh at themselves when they do. Jot down a humorous story about yourself, and share a good laugh with a friend!

Got me thinking about a lot of different stories that at the time was not funny, but now I giggle. But actually today something happened that I giggled with kid over dinner. (but trust me was not laughing earlier when it happen)

Today I was in such a rush to pick up kid today from school, mind going 100 different places, and I dropped of niece which I had all day, and the headed over to pick kid before he got out of school and didn't think I would be there. I get there plenty of time. I see another mother I wanted to speak to about a "issue" that came up in class this week. So I get out go speak to her, kept looking back a truck to make sure niece is alright (ha ha do you see where this is headed) and finish up conversation. Kid comes out, he realizes he forgot SS book and wants me to take stuff back to truck and he will be right out. I hurry back to truck, look in backseat to see if niece is there and I don't see her. OMG!! Where is she?? Not in her car seat, not in back, not in front. By now I am in a state of panic!! I lost my neice!! Oh how do I explain this one!! I start looking around parking lot and then it hits me. DOH!! I dropped her off before I came to pick up kid. ha ha ha. Oh My!! I am so losing it!!

ha ha. I really need to stop multi-tasking.

No comments: