Monday, January 23, 2006

Mom, how many overies do you have?

Is what I am hearing across Wal-greens.

Dang! Science Unit!! Kid picks a very public place to announce his new "learns" today.


Then loudly ...


kid: "Mom, do you have eggs?" (As I am checking out at the counter and male kid cashier looks up)


Me: "Sure, a whole dozen at home." (trying to get us out of the very public place kid has picked to start converstation .. )


Kid: "No, you!! Do you still have eggs left in your overies .." (Now cashier is really looking ..)


I got a whole lesson on the way home about "cycles" and "eggs" and "tubes" ...


I just do not remember having science units in school like this when I was in school. I do not remember boys learning girl "things" (cycles, parts, etc) and vice versa. I do remember watching movie .. boys in one room .. girls in another. But I certainly do not remember what all Oy!! What doesn't kill us .. makes us stronger. :)

No comments: