Thursday, February 12, 2009

Proud Baseball Mom Mom

So tonight I am going to do brag about my catcher dude son. But this brag will not have to do nadda with Baseball if you can believe that one. LOL!

So as I have stated before Catcher Dude started TKD [post here. Also where I talk about chipmunk dude] in the fall and added this to his growing list of activities. I can say I was not all that on board with doing this at first. But I will say his confidence has really gotten better. He holds his head up high and walks with authority now. So these are all good things. He has always had a very respectful attitude.

But it has always been about self- defense, and nothing else, ie .. fighting, aggression, etc. So I have been very pleased with our his results and the program.

Since joining TKD in September he has tested and received 4 belts. His last testing was January 29. But since baseball right now keeps him really busy he had not had a chance to go back since then and go to class or pick-up his new belt.

Last night (Wednesday) he went back to class.
Was presented his new belt and started learning new steps and forms for his next belt. By the end of class last night Master Peasel approached dad dude and I and said he is such a fast learner and picks up his 1st steps and forms so quick that we are actually holding him back.

After 1 night .. 1 .. uno .. he was actually ready to test again. He really felt it was best to let him test again now. Testing was not supposed to be for another 4 weeks. But after having his new belt for one night, he is ready to test again. He will be testing tomorrow evening with the make-up kids that missed January 29Th testing. ONE night!!

Catcher Dude just ceases to amazes me. Always! He is such a great kid. He is quick to pick up things. That is what makes him a great kid. Great Son. Great Student. Awesome Catcher. There is not a coach that has not met him and states how he is the best coach able, wanting to please child they have ever met. They wish they could have 11+ more of him on their teams.

I am so proud of him. He melts this ol' momma heart <3 all the time. I just can not say enough how proud of him I .. we are of him. I really believe he can do anything he puts his mind to.

He just doesn't always apply himself as he should, and cheats himself a lot of times. Oh well .. I will not go down this road.

This is about how FRENCH'in proud I am to call myself his mom! I am a lucky person to have known him. :)



Baseball Mom
©2006-2009 baseballmomrambles, all rights reserved.

2 comments:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

It seems to me that the TKD helps him a lot. If he has more self-respect, confidence plus RESPECT then he is a better person and better athlete. Being a catcher is tough on the body (but the coolest position) and it seems like working on your reflexes, flexibility and other strengths would make you a BETTER catcher, maybe even better than weights and running.

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

Wow! What a wonderful, terrific, Mommy Post! How great is that! I' so proud of him too and I am so happy you and your Hubby are blessed with such a wonderful child!

:-)