Friday, October 22, 2010

The Catcher Report

Been a while since I updated things around here. Just another crazy month here. I have debated going on and on about the troubles and trials here, but it would be a long post, and not the energy I want to put into this post.
Catcher's Report

School

Things are going very well. First Quarter has ended and grades were perfect. He really has grasp the high school years now and without much prodding he gets all his work completed and turned in. (that was the big thing last year would do the work and then forget to turn it in) Test scores are still killing him. It just sucks that test scores are so heavily weighted compared to classwork.

They took the PLAN test this week. He is hoping he scored high enough he will not have to take the ACT. Though that is an awesome goal, I have a little more realistic view. Which is me paying out big bucks to higher someone to take the ACT for him to tutor him on the ACT & taking ACT prep classes. But hey he could shock the heck out of us all.

He is still standing firm on his "No Socializing" policy. He now has it down to a sentence .. "I will always be the friend, never the boyfriend."

School, Grades, Baseball .. if it doesn't fall in those categorize, it doesn't happen. Which I can not say that bothers me. Girls (and boys) are such a distraction. I see/hear all the drama that entails and I am glad he has chosen to wait.
Cross Country

Catcher dude has done so well this year. To think his time trials August 2009 was 27:31, and now October 2010 is 19:54. That is insane. He ran Suburban North Conferences last weekend. He came place 14th in meet & team place. Tomorrow is District Meets. He will have to place Top 30 to go onto Sectionals on the 30th.

The XC season just goes by so fast. It is crazy. But I give props to all the runners I couldn't do it. I know CD has already signed up for a couple races this fall/winter. *shaking head* Boy is addicted.
Baseball

Well now that the fall season has come to an end. You would think it was time to slow down for a while, HA! No now is when he starts spending insanely amounts of time at the cages. If he isn't taking lessons, he is catching for those taking Pitching lessons. First day of HS Tryout is only in .. 129 days. No time to sit. (Know I am rolling my eyes at that statement)

There is a 44 yr old he is catching for that has never pitched a day in his life and decided he wanted to play on his work team, and is taking lessons. I say good for him!! Though I think his instructor and CD tend to disagree .. lol Apparently he is having a hard time right now getting it to the plate.
Home

Not to much going on around here. The dog is ill again. He has been dining on boiled hamburger/rice mixture and Pumpkin this week. I really hope he bounces back again, but I am afraid the inevitable is on the way. CDD has been working A LOT! He is working 36 hours OT this weekend. I have been struggling trying to get back control of this household, and by that I mean cleaning, laundry, etc. I just can not seem to get ahead. I also need to the furnace people back out to hook up the new furnace. It might come in handy here soon and I would hate to be freezing to death just because I didn't get them back out here.

Well I think that about wraps up this addition of "The Catcher Report" ..

.. Until next week






Baseball Mom
©2006-2010 baseballmomrambles, all rights reserved.

1 comment:

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

Oh, no. Not much going on in your world at all...

;-) AND, HEY! I got your blog to open for me!!! Finally!

Always the friend, never the boyfriend. WOW.... Dedication alright....