Saturday, March 14, 2009

One of those moms ..

Yep! I am now one of those moms, sporting my cute lil Cling on sticker in my truck stating, "Proud parent of an Honor Roll Student of XYZ Middle School".

WTG! Catcher Dude!
I am so proud of you!!

Don't get me wrong he has always carried good grades. But always falling just a tad nose under the guide line for Honor Roll. So I was pleased as punch to go promptly place my clingy to the back of the truck.

Down side when I had the windows tinted for catcher dude 3 years ago he wanted limo black so when he was sitting back there watching DVDs the light would not interfere with seeing the screen. LOL. So you can barely .. barely see it. But that is ok! Mom knows it's there and that's what counts. :)

This weekend not really that busy. This morning my boys are sleeping in. I don't blame um'. The oldest only gets at most 6 hours (and that is being generous) a night. Now the youngest needs to start rolling out of bed! He has a few things I would like done before he rolls out to the cage time he set up.

It would be nice to see the carpet in his room again. It would be nice to see his clothes downstairs and in the laundry. It would be nice to see the top of all furniture in the room. It would be nice to see ...

Who am I kidding? None of that will happen before 11:15 this morning. LOL! But I did make a pack with myself. I was NOT going to rescue that room. NOT going to rescue those poor lil clothes that would love a bath. NOPE! I am not going to do it. I just now walk by and close the door. That is what I believe they are made for really. To hide your teenagers room. To keep that "funk" teen smell from mixing with the rest of the house. YEP!! That is what a door to a teens room is for.

Tomorrow is the BIG day! Yep 365 days have rolled around and it has come up again. The day I become older than my husband. For 8 days he can claim he is married to an older woman, and *rolling eyes* he does it every year!! Please does that joke not get old? (No pun intended) It is the first time the boys get out of the indoor practice & batting cages. To see what they got, or don't got!! LOL!!

The first "unofficial" game of the year. The rain has disappeared from the radar, and now it looks like high will be 59 and cloudy. Guess better than 40 and raining I heard earlier.

Well I have got to get moving. I ran out of time but I was going to post about the awesome pottery I received yesterday. I will have to share that later.

HAPPY SATURDAY!






Photobucket

©2006-2009 baseballmomrambles, all rights reserved.

3 comments:

The Queen said...

I saw one the other day in town that made me pee.. it said..and I quote..

My linebacker can kick your honor roll student's ass any day of the week...

No really ,, that is what it said.. and it made me laugh because mine was an honor roll student too..and I do not believe the linebacker could ever kick her ass..

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

Listen, your son has given you the very best gift: honor roll for your birthday, YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!
And Baseball Mom, congrats from me. :)