Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Back .. and in review ..

So I missed blogging. I missed reading the blogs I follow. I have been missing a lot. So hopefully things will calm down and I can get back into my grove. :)

So as I catch up around here I will touch on what has been keeping me busier than a bee.

Tuesday 24th - Kid woke up feeling ugh, and really wanted to go to the Free IHOP Pancake day. He missed the last couple years when dad dude and I went so I thought, "heck why not?" Dad dude couldn't go. So catcher dude twisted my arm was told he could go. I for some reason had to go change the laundry around and when doing so what did I find in my washing machine ...

Catcher Dudes iPod. *thud*
He left it in his jean pocket and when he tosses laundry down to be washed, for what ever reason dumb mom I didn't check pocket before I put them in laundry. UGH!!! I always check. Even though I repeatedly tell everyone, Check pockets!! Check pockets!! How many times do I have to tell ppl around here to CHECK AND CLEAR out pockets.

Parts of me felt horrible. But then I thought, how many times have I told him? CD is devastated! It ruined breakfast. He didn't even eat his free pancakes. :(

But he just batted his baby teary hazels @ his nana and they returned with a new. So let me get this right? You start the day with a iPod Nano and leave it in the wash, ruine it, and end the day with a iPod Touch? Yeah! That makes sense to me!!!

Then there were issues at school with the PTSA. I have never seen so much drama between members in all my time dealing with PTA's at all the schools he has attended.

Wednesday 25th - Back to School. Back to normal life. Or so we thought. Until the phone rang. My Step-Dads brother is missing. He left a suicide note, and can not be found. Oh dear! He was found later in the day .. unfortunately he thought he didn't have any other choices. This really hit my step dad. He was close to his brother. He had just seen him the weekend before. He left behind his wife .. 10 kids .. 16 grandchildren. What a shame. I hope he is at peace now.

Thursday & Friday 26 & 27 - These days are just blurs. So much was coming & going, and calls here, calls there, I couldn't keep up with all the drama. It was just a whirlwind. Catcher Dude was home from school, he was really ill. Yeah, that will happen when we stop listening to mom about you still need a coat! Not spring yet! Plus all the run, run, running I do. *sighhhhh*

So those are some of the things keeping me from sitting for a minute. Here is to March calming down.


  • Though I did get my next surgeries scheduled and that is coming up in March.
  • Plus Spring Break around the corner.
  • There is a Baseball Tourney this month as well. I certainly hope warmer weather is around the corner. The high today is only in low 50's. Not baseball weather at all.



  • But for now, laundry (YES I checked pockets) need to swap out and shower to be had. Then up to school. My volunteering time is almost done. I just can not juggle any more. Something has to give!!





    Photobucket


      5 comments:

      Gary's third pottery blog said...

      holy cats, that is busy, and no doubt spring will sprung eventually!

      The Queen said...

      I am so sorry about the loss, it's always hard, but really hard when it happens this way..

      and WTF? with the IPOD? Kid didn't even have to suffer for a day to learn a lesson.. I'm an easy Grandma,, but not that easy!!

      Hope life slows down and you can get back in to your routine..

      Have a great hump day...


      THE QUEEN..

      Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

      Geeze, you HAVE been busy!

      Sorry about the loss too. How awfully tough.

      I've been at the computer, A LOT. Almost having to hide my habit from the Hubby some.

      Trying to build upon things and make me some dinero.

      I need to catch up on blog reads. Maybe after the Wednesday Night CBS sit-com line up. :-)

      Love the new signature! :-)

      Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

      Oh, and the iPod thing. And, Nana. And, the saddened hazel eyes. Yep. Not fair, huh?

      Anonymous said...

      I have read u for while, and WTF is right!!! Does your child ever hear NO? U are a messed up mother!! There should be lessons learned. Spoiled brat is what you r rasing, and he probably sucks at baseball as well.

      I will not be coming back!!!