Wednesday, March 11, 2009

As Charlie Brown would say ....

As Charlie Brown would say, “Good grief!”.

I really thought the whole jelly bracket fad had faded out. I guess that was the wrong assumption. Catcher Dude came home tonight talking about how the girls all wear bracelets now. Yep he got my attention in just this one sentence. I knew where this conversation was going.

me: Really?
Cd: Yep! They are plastic.
me: We called them Jelly bracelets. (should have seen the jaw drop .. lol)
Cd: YOU had those bracelets. MOMMMMM!!!
me: yeah, and they were just that. BRACELET'S. Now they have a completely different purpose than when Madonna & Cyndi wore them.
cd: Who is Madonna & Cyndi ..... LOL!!

Conversation continued back and forth some more ... to where we get to this part ...

I really thought they had past this "stage". But the evening only got worse when he was asking me what color meant what. Course I have no clue, but I am more interested in if he was partaking in the "snapping". LOL. Finally (who knew the worm I was
opening) I said I would look up and see if I could find a ridiculous list of colors and meanings. Yep there was. But TMI was brought in play.

He really wanted to know a meaning of a certain color. Seems a lot of girls are wearing one certain color and would not share the "meaning".

Hey Catcher Dude ever heard, "Curiosity killed the cat"?

So .. I share the "meaning" which (is willing to perform anal sex)I get this look .. a blank stare .. *blink ... blink* "Oh! Okay! Thanks."

Then I did it. *sigh* I asked, "Do you know what that means?" (Mom! Why did you ask? Why - o - why????) No! What does it mean?

Now let me stop and say I wish I had video taped the look and expression that he made. I still can not think of it with out tears and laughter coming across.

So I explain and his eyes get WIDE. He grabs his butt and covers and tucks in one quick motion. While shouting, "OUCH!"

Oh MY! It was priceless. There is a MC commerical for you. ROFL!!

Now don't get me wrong .. I love my mommy moments, and that sure is one. Even tops this one. But I just never thought these would be my mommy moments now. What happen to first words, steps, awards, etc ..

So that was my evening!!



Baseball Mom

5 comments:

Major.Sunshine said...

OMG!! I'm SOOOO glad those conversations are quite a ways down the road! I broke out in cold sweats just thinking about the conversation.

Yellow Beads said...

that's really funny, ha

Yellow Beads said...

me again...I left you some lovin' on my blog today! :) Come by and check it out when you get a free moment...

That Girl said...

Hi, I found your blog from Jen giving you an award. This post is funny and mortifying all at the same time! lol

Gary's third pottery blog said...

you know, I didn't know any of this, but I found a ling (tis the glittery blue, I guess, that the boy asked about)
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070302203028AAG3NxZ