Tuesday, November 13, 2007

DL, Sick family, boring etc

Nothing really new around here. Catcher Dude is still on the DL, he is making this the longest 4 weeks in history I swear. You would have thought we cut the damn arm off instead of just having him rest the damn thing. *sigh* Last week I had to shake my finger and yell nicely discuss with his P.E. how he is the adult and Catcher Dude needs to listen when he says, "No! You can not throw that ______ (fill in the blank)." Of all the nerve letting CD be the boss. ugh!

Catcher Dude had a nice report card. Very pleased with the turn out. There was one questionable grade, in music of all things. So that pulled him out of NJHS. But there is always next trimester.

To fill his baseball void (which brings to mind a quote I heard recently ... People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring. - Rogers Hornsby) he joined Science Club where he is building the be all end all mighty robot, intramural soccer (eh? Do you have to use your arm??), and Drama Club (oh he has drama alright .. lol) So these are Monday, Thursday, and Friday. So least on those days in is out of my hair until later in the evenings. :P

The nieces are still here. But will be leaving this weekend. With all the troubles around here they have to go. No more. The money well dried up and I am not their parent(s). It is time, long past time.

Last weekend I had a BIG Freecycle event and got rid of tons. Just in time for more junk nice gifts from Christmas. I am hoping to get rid of another load here in next couple weekends. That is really the way to go. Just have a big Freecycle event and yell from the roof tops post on the website come one come all .. No dealing with setting up pick ups. No dealing with no shows. Just all there, first come first serve.

Speaking of which (Christmas) I saw a commerical for a FLY Pentop it looked really cool. But after searching and reading about them. I fell absolutly in love, L-O-V-E, love with this. I went Sunday and personally looked at them and today he became the proud owner (least come Christmas) of one. This I think well be a god send for my LD child. I found a really good deal on the new one, plus free software. She shoots .. she scores .. :-) I hope he likes it. *shrug* If not just return it.

I wish I had some fancy, smooth ending, but I really have nothing else.

1 comment:

Leighann said...

I don't know how you do it. I don't like other peoples kids enough to take care of them like you've been talking care of your nieces! BAHAHAHA!