Sunday, September 16, 2007

Busy Weekend

This weekend is just flying by. Even though we have had a long weekend, it is flying by. Couldn't even sleep in one day. *oy*

Friday DH, SGP, GP, Catcher Dude, and myself loaded up and went to ballpark all day so DH & SGP could help out Catcher Dude with several different drills and such. After 3 hours I was ready to go, though Catcher Dude wasn't. I was starving. Then later that night catcher dude and I went to fields to watch a family friend play his first soccer game. How cute was those 2nd graders that have never played? When we got home we sat outside for a while, DH had started a fire and it was nice just to swing and enjoy the warmth. But really couldn't stay out to late as Saturday was another big day and we had to be up by 6.

I also learned one of the games on Saturday (Longhorn) had been cancelled and hopefully rescheduled soon. So now instead of 3 games Saturday it was only 2.

Saturday was SO SO busy. By 8:30 pm I was so tired I wanted to cry. We went to fanfest. That started at 9, so we left and was there by 8:50 so we could be there as much as possible until we had to leave at 12:30. After rushing out of there we trucked on over to Catcher Dude's double header games at 2 and 4. They lost the first game 4-6. But the second game was a winner 9-5. CD was playing an awesome game. He was blocking balls like no body's business. He was even throwing people out left and right on second and third. Though some where along the line one of the coaches thought it would be a good idea to see catcher dude pitch. So for 2 innings catcher dude became pitcher dude. My nerves could have done without that one.


He has tripled improved in just the short 9 weeks he has been with this select team. I am so proud of him. I truly believe the saying, "Your only as good as your weakest player". He was playing with those rec players and just stuck in a rut. He wasn't improving, it was almost like his playing level was going down to theirs. I am so glad we moved on. :-)

After that we went to dinner, but by then I was toast. I didn't want to eat, I didn't want to talk, I didn't even want to be in an upright position. Of course we didn't get to sleep in on Sunday either.

Sunday back up and going by 6:30. Out the door by 8. DH had bowling. CD and I had to tag along because we had a birthday party to go straight from there. We finally get to the party and hung out there for a while, but we were all dragging and decided to come home a little earlier than planned to rest. But it wasn't for long for CD and DH. They were back out the door by 3 to go to the hockey game.

I am just going to do things around here tonight and get ready for the upcoming school week. MAN, I am not sure where our 3-day weekend went. I need days to recover from weekend.

No comments: