Tuesday, August 7, 2007

The Shoes

This was the last thing left on kids back to school shopping items. He needed new shoes for the school year. Man! Was I in for a shocker on how this day ended.

Before story:
So this afternoon was the last day of bowling, I am sitting there talking to other parents about clothes, shoes, etc. shopping for our kids. They were are talking about how hard it was getting to shop for these kids. The styles, cost, etc .. I was amazed how these boys were the same age as kid and it was like listening to night and day. Mine never cares. Period. I am lucky if I can get him IN the store to try and sizing. Just get what ever, could careless attitude. I was told oh just wait, it will change. Wait til he asks for 100+ shoes, clothes, etc .. Well I couldn't see it. Just didn't seem to fit "the type" child I have. " Besides I will not be paying that amount of money for shoes for a child."

So fast forward to us walking into shoe store. We go back to children section, and it begins. Some where between our front door of the house and walking back to the children section of that store I miss placed my child and had picked up a child I have never seen before. We fought for a good 15-20 minutes over what shoes. He all of a sudden had an opinion. Opinion I might add that was poor taste. This could not be the child I raised for 12+ years. My child had to have taste. He could possible pick out the ugliest shoes in the store. What happen to my child? Where did this one come from? So finally just fed up I caved to a pair that wasn't as bad as what he first picked when walking in. Fine! Whatever! (Starting to have flash backs of earlier conversation at bowling alley)

Now it's time to have clerk take over (which BTW I would like to mention, NO HELP at all supporting mom. Just egging him on to keep picking up this god awful shoes .. Ugh! Thanks mister shoe salesman .. thanks!!)

They go to measure his foot. (Long Pause) as he measures, and re-measures, and measures other foot .. sitting .. finally.

SS: I am sorry his foot has grown out of children. He needs to move up to men's section.

Me: What? My baby? He is in a MEN'S shoe? No WAY!! (mommy still in great denial her child is growing up.)

Now I am thinking .. great we have to start ALL over AGAIN. So the great shoe debate starts again. Back and forth .. back and forth. I am wearing thin. Another 15 minutes or go by again.

Nana: is NO HELP either. Let him wear what he wants. (WHAT? Is this pay back for something I did in childhood? NOT HELPING!!)

SS: They not that bad. (NOT HELPING!!)

(excuse me while I puke!! *gag*)

Fine whatever again. But first (looking for a last stitch effort and help from daddy) we have to see what he thinks of them. *click* goes the picture. *push send*

Waiting for dad to call back ...

Oh he does alright.

dad: They look alright. Go with those. (gee thanks for the support)

Fine already. We have now been at the shoe store over an hour, and I just do not care anymore. I am just sitting there bewildered that this is not the child I had earlier. He didn't care. Easy to please. Had taste. (or so I thought). So now we are finally at the check out and I am sure the salesman was all to happy to pawn us on her. *smile*

Then there was the final last I should have never even had that conversation earlier in the day back flash. "I will not be buying my child $100 shoes" My child who does not want or buy expensive items had $95.00 shoes on his feet. *thud* LOL. I give up.

Unfortunately, men's good shoes are just more. Had he still been in children sizes they only run about 50-65. So that is why the jump. Poor child is limited on what he can (or is suppose to) wear. He is already cursed with mommy's fallen arches.

So we are home and I am wore out to no end. This shopping experience has been just that. An EXPERIENCE. Let's just hope these last the year and 1/2 the other good shoes lasted we bought before. Though to be honest I can not say I really want to look at those shoes for 1.5 years. But they are his feet. They are his shoes.

Do I have to shop with him anymore? *smile* I wouldn't miss it for the world.

No comments: