Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Christmas 4 months away

So my DH (and at this moment I am not sure that stands for 'dear') announces to me today. But really it is 4 months, 3 weeks .. so there. Not that he really has a general interest in this. He just wanted to bring attention to the fact one of our 6' ft trees is still up in the basement. (YES. You read that correct!) Then proceeds to tell me, "Hell just leave it up now. Were just 1-step closer to being done."

"Shut Up. You have 2 good feet, and 2 good hands, want it down .. go knock yourself out"

But personally I like his "sarcastic" answer .. just leave it up. LOL.


Actually I came across this the other day.


So I ordered it. I use to Cross Stitch all they time before and got out of the habit. I am going to make it for the kid for Christmas.

Hope I have enough time. Came in today, so as soon as I get kid in bed tonight I will start on it. Hopefully between bedtimes, school time, baseball, baseball tryouts, hockey, etc .. etc .. I can get this made in time and him never pay attention and see what I am actually working on. That is my hopes anyway.



I also came across a pattern for hockey that I wanted to make. I have made a couple of these out of a NHL book I have. But it doesn't have the newer expansion teams in it. So I order this one as well.






Also this one. It was harder finding MLB teams. Their rights are a little tougher I guess. But I found it. Actually the site has a lot of different patterns.

This was actually the first idea that popped in my head for Christmas and I went on a search. Then I fell into the other baseball one & hockey.



Now the question is can I get them ALL done before Christmas? Actually my goal is to get the hockey & baseball one completed. If I get the bigger baseball one done "score" if not my goal is his birthday on that one. But since it came first I will start on it until other arrive.

I am bored sitting for hours at these baseball try-outs, practices, etc ..

1 comment:

Elisa said...

I used to cross stitch, too!!! I made my grandmother bird ornaments when I was in high school. Yeah, I was one of those really cool kids.

One year I made my MIL footprints in the sand and she still has it hanging in her room. I found that words go much faster than pictures. ;)