Sunday, July 8, 2012

Blog Change

New Name, New ideas, New everything. No more errands of kids. No more sports. Time to make changes.


There comes a time when you stand back and say .. Okay I am done. I did my job. I raised him. I gave up me for him. That statement is far from true. I did exactly what I wanted.  Now time to move onto the next step.


Empty Nest ...


In little over a month the last phase of High School begins. Senior Year. I can not wait to see what joys and expectations come through for son. Senior Year is the year. The birdie gets even more ready to jump out of the nest. I can not wait. I certainly hope senior year meets all his hopes, dreams, and expectations.


Couple weeks ago they had Senior Yearbook Pictures. I could not believe how grown he looks in that cap & gown. He certainly became a great Young adult. All the fights, drama, and court orders have made this moment worth EVERY MINUTE!!


College bond he will be. Where yet? Ah, who knows. He will work it all out.


I am looking forward to this next step. Seeing what brings to my little world. Will I return to work? Will we allow a niece to move in? I don't know. We have many options. Travel? I will start to figure it all out. As son takes steps closer to walking across the stage into his new life, I will start mine.


I have never been as happy as I am this summer. Stress still seeps through. Why wouldn't it? It has been a hard road these past 18 months. No one walked that road with us but the 3 of us. You can say I can imagine. But really no one knows what it was like. What still could be. We still do have to make through another 9 months up at the High School. But only good can come walking these next mile(stones)


So with that I we start the new journey. The journey of just us. The empty rooms.  So now the memories of mom, hockey mom, baseball mom, live in these walls. Now starts the Chapter of Walking through to the Empty Nest ...






©2006-2012 emptynester, all rights reserved.

No comments: