Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween Fail, Over Slept & Furnace Fail ..

CD & I was planning on taking niece #1 out T or T. But her mother decided since we would not be taking Niece #2 & niece #3 as well, we could not take #1. OK. You will not get a fight out of us. We are okay with that. So we stayed in and was in bed early. So early in fact we missed dinner. I vaguely remember an alarm going off this a.m. But I slept right through it apparently. When I woke to phone ringing it was 9:45 a.m and the furnace man was on his way. I did go flying into CD's room thinking I would find him there all snug as a bug, but CD the rock star that he is didn't miss his alarm, or bus. I am so happy for that!!

As far as the furnace, let's just say I am a so glad it is not freezing cold outside! The simple furnace start-up was a simple F-A-I-L. They worked on this thing all day and evening. Replaced parts after parts .. F-A-I-L! The next step is in the morning calling the actual Furnace company Rep out here to look at it. Oy! I am glad this is NOT my headache.

Though I did think at first CD was going to miss HS batting & his batting lessons. I couldn't leave people in house while I left, CDD was at work, and of course couldn't get help from my mom as my sister has her all wrapped up with niece #1 so that she can not help my family. *sigh* But I lucked out and when they had to run to pick up another part, I could drop and dash CD where he needed to be. Then when furnace guy returned I told him he had to be gone by 8 No ifs, and's, or buts. He agreed.

Tomorrow is No School & Election Day. I am not sure what will get done now that we will have people coming back to get the furnace working. Now I really wish I had waited. There is nothing I hate worse than people/things getting in my way of a day off with the kid. But CDD will be here, he took night off to go with CD to Pitching lessons (not CD .. CD catches the pitchers) He likes watching. Me? I have had my fair share of sitting around. I just drop and ditch now. :)

I will sitting down in next couple days and make a check list of things to start getting done. Time to start my Christmas prep. I have a tree that needs lighting repair. Though in thinking I am not sure how many of our trees will get up this year. I love them. I love having them. But the older I get, harder to get them all up and decorated in a timely manner.

With that said, I need to head to bed. I have to be up early in a.m to ride with CD so he can take his car to get oil changed. With all the comings and goings with furnace I totally forgot. Oy!


Baseball Mom
©2006-2010 baseballmomrambles, all rights reserved.

No comments: