Monday, November 15, 2010

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas

I have to say Christmas is tops on my favorite holidays. I love it. A lot.
My husband has this rule that I am not allowed to decorate until the day after Thanksgiving. (Though he has started letting son put the lights on the roof before hand to avoid colder weather, but they CAN NOT be turned on until day after Thanksgiving) I get SO INTO IT! I love sitting up all the trees, I currently have 5 (if memory serves me correct), 2 over 6 ft. tall and 3 table top. The arranging of the manger my mother bought for my son about 5 years ago. My snowman, OMG! Do I have snowman. Each one having it's own little place, and memory. Changing my home into a little winter wonderland.

But after all the decorating from room to room. My most Favorite thing to do, is to turn off all the lights except the Christmas tree and just sit. No TV. No music needed. No talking. Just sit. Stare. I just stare at the tree. It is so peace full. So quiet. That is what makes it my most favorite holiday. I just sit and think about the past Christmas'. Our First Christmas. (I grew up not celebrating the holiday) Babies first Christmas. The year son played the Violin. The loss of our dear Katie. Some of the ornament holds very special memories.

Is that weird? Maybe. It might be weird, but ...

.. it is my thing. So yeah. I sit in front of my Christmas tree and get lost, lost in the past, the present, and even the future. I guess you could call it my own little Christmas tradition, I guess.

So yeah I might be a little early in the whole decorating season, but I really, really do enjoy them. If I could get away with keeping them up year round and not been seen as the crazy Christmas lady, haha, I would.



Baseball Mom
©2006-2010 baseballmomrambles, all rights reserved.

1 comment:

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

We always put the tree up the weekend of Thanksgiving. Making traditions with my family has been the most wonderful thing for me.

Sharing Christmas with my Husband and our children and having them (the kids) recall each year what we 'have to do' warms me.

Like making cutout cookies and decorating them, doing the tree and Farmer, Jr. always wants lots of colored lights where I often want white and we discuss this, LOL! [He wins.]

And, Thanksgiving. I have so much to be thankful for. I'm all for Thanksgiving too. ;-)