Saturday, September 11, 2010

Nine Eleven, XC

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Nine years later... I still dread this day. I really wonder if there will come a year this date will get easier? I still just freeze at that day. Images still burned in my brain. I guess it has got better, some. Though I still remember the horror look in my then 6 year olds eyes. The days following we glued ourselves to the TV, but yet didn't want them on. I think of all those lost mommies, daddies, children, friends, families, love ones, and so on.

Helps when there is actually something to occupy my thoughts. I try to stay away from the TV as it usually is over taken by recaps, memorials, etc..

You would have thought nine years later and we would be closer to closure on this. Probably will never happen.

~*~*~

I found a great way to keep my mind off of the date this morning.
Waking up 10 minutes before Catcher dudes bus was due to pull out of the parking lot at school for their away meet today. Fortunately for him he is loved and adored by the coach. The rule is if you are not there on time you are an automatic cut. Well he called and asked if there was anyway I could drive him out there. Coach didn't even pause, "Yep see you there." That child has way more than nine lives I swear.

Though we were only 10 minutes later than the bus. That was with us still getting dressed and running through a drive-thru. I turned a little over an hour drive into 35-40 minutes.

He did great again this week. Broke his PR again. Now he is down 21:30. There were even some boys that received medals today, but I was bad and left before the last race and awards.

~*~*~


Time to get on with this Saturday, even though already half over.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Baseball Mom
©2006-2010 baseballmomrambles, all rights reserved.

No comments: