Monday, August 23, 2010

Not a good sign ..

When you get a call first thing Monday morning from your sons coach. No. It is not.

Apparently they weighed CD and in 6 days he lost 13 pounds. Oh yes. This does not surprise me. Not like this exact thing didn't happen last year. Then the questions start. Did he increase his calories? Is he eating the proper things? Was I aware? This is not good for baseball. On and on.


We can not force feed this kid. We do feed him. Have the increase of grocery bill to back that one up. But it looks like XC is just something he should not do. Because it isn't good for baseball. So why doesn't the coach do something about it? He is in fact the BASEBALL COACH!! You can not have it both ways. You can not have him running XC because he is a good runner, but bitch stress how it is not good for baseball & his catching.

It's not like it makes me happy either. Think I like having school bitch that his pants are "saggin"? That he can not find clothes to fit? That he looks like we are starving him and you can count each and everyone of his ribs? That we then have to make him run with his shirt on (which he HATES)

YES!! I am so excited it has started all over again. YES! This conversation just made my day. Oy!! For this coach to be so smart, to be an excellent coach, to have coached some of the top athletes, he can be so ignorant. PLUS why are you weighing my son when he should be in History class? *tapping foot*

Meanwhile, I want to know where he gets it from? Me? His Dad? Umm, I don't think so. I want to drop weight like that. :) If running does that then sign me up. Umm scratch that. I am not that dumb. :)

So here is to another long XC year of fighting to keep the weight ON. To everyone telling me I am not doing my job as his mother. Yeap! I love it!!



Baseball Mom
©2006-2010 baseballmomrambles, all rights reserved.

5 comments:

Dana said...

I have to opposite problem - a 235 lb, 6'-3" 14 year old who can put ON 13 lbs in a week ... and I get the same phone call :)

I can't find my blog said...

I'm with Dana. My 8yo is 100lbs. and I'm constantly worried about him putting on too much weight. (He's been big since birth. His dr. isn't worried. I, however always think that other parents are tsk-tsking me. Hello, he was 11 lbs. when he was born and is a head taller than most 10 yo. He's going to be a monster.) My 10yo however is just as you describe...you can count his ribs and only weighs 60 lbs. dripping wet. He eats, just not a ton. *sigh* When did being a mom get so hard?

Jay said...

13 lbs in 6 days? Dayum!

I need to do that. And in 60 days I would be right where I should be. LOL

Schmoop said...

Let's see? Running and training XC in 90-100 degree heat...I can't imagine why he has lost some much weight. Cheers!!

Just Me said...

Dana- Sometimes I wish he had that problem. :(

HM- Being a mom only seems to get harder or least the problems seem to get bigger/harder. :(

Jay- I know! That is what I am saying!

Matt- Yeah that was one of items I mentioned.