Tuesday, August 3, 2010

It's that time of year ...

Ah Yes, the wonderful time of year where the school and all the school activities have their hands out. Yes! Definitely my favorite time of year.

Now don't get wrong I know the fees can be more. I have read different blogs stating what other parents are forking out. So I do feel lucky in that sense. But really school, it is 13 more days til the first bell and you are driving me crazy.

Volunteer here, sign-up here. $5 here, $35 there. It is an on going battle. Plus the backpacks, clothes, school supplies, you name it they have it. You don't think you need it, want it .. You do .. you really do. The school will tell you so, and don't you know if the school says it .. It's true. haha

It is just insane. I really thought I had prepared ahead this year. Slotting money away here and there. Yeah! Right! Haven't even reached first day yet and that is gone. But least I can plan some ahead for the upcoming first weeks.



Knowing that in the first couple weeks there will be more supplies, more "must have" request from teachers, and all the apparel for Cross Country. (Because don't you know you can not wear same hoodie & t-shirt from the year before. ) It just seems to not end.



But really I wouldn't change a thing. Soon enough there will be a U-Haul backed in the driveway to take him to where ever his heart desires. Until then .... where do I send the next check?









Baseball Mom
©2006-2010 baseballmomrambles,all rights reserved.




4 comments:

Emily said...

Mine, of course, aren't in school yet.. but I have always loved this time of the year.

And I remember all of those crazy fees when I was in school.

Yellow Beads said...

i can't believe summer is over!

Just Me said...

Emily: I can't say I rally love it. I like him home, for the most part.

Jen: yeah I know it is crazy. It goes by so fast.

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

LOL! I'm with you! "What's wrong with last year's lunch pail?"

And, clothes! Lil'Gal is one thing, needing closed toe shoes that match various outfits. TG for Walmart and closeout clearance sales.

But, Farmer, Jr? He's hard on his Wranglers. And, that's the jean he wears and that fits him well. And, boots? As soon as we buy them he outgrows them. No fair.

Tennie shoes, well we keep the old ones even with a toe shooting through for rough house wear around the farm so the good shoes can last 3 - 6 months for school...

And, I love school supplies. But, those last minute add ons suck because all the supply discounts are over and you feel cheated.

Ahhhh, is being a parent. :-) And, yes. We want to be smart, and tight, and frugal and yet we want our children to also 'have' what they need to be mainstream. Not spoiled, but able to compete and excel in the game of survival of the fittest; or must/really wanna' haves.

Hang tight! Hopefully, he'll earn a huge scholarship and it'll all be worth it. Even so, we all know, our kids are worth it. :-)