Monday, April 27, 2009

Weekend Catch Up .. Not Me! Monday!


Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog.

The MckFamily was given really awesome news today. After 5+ weeks Stellan and her are heading back home. This is the best news.



So my post today will be done in Not Me! Monday Form.

This weekend was yet another busy one around Catcher dudes house. CDD decided he would pick up the extra overtime he normally turns down. So instead of being home Friday & Saturday, I was left to pick up the slack around here by myself. But I certainly did not drop the ball on all sorts of things. Nope! Not Me!

Catcher dudes birthday is just around the corner and he wanted a new bat for his birthday. So I did not spend from Thursday - Saturday googling bats, running from store to store all over town, THEN taking Catcher Dude from store to store. Picking out one bat .. and then deciding on another. Nope! Not Me! I certainly did not spend more on that bat than my truck payment. Nope! Why would I do something like that? (Reminds me of this post)

Then Saturday evening rolled around and though we are heading back out of town and the house is upside down and laundry and packing need to be started I didn't leave that all behind to go with CCD & Catcherdude to park to watch him use his new bat. Nope! Didn't happen that way. I didn't lash out about the cost of said bat when it (and it's owner) preformed HORRIBLE!! Making me wish I had just waited for dad dude to do all the baseball bat hunting. Nope! I wasn't secretly wishing there was a way to return a used bat. I was NOT plotting how this could be done.

Then Sunday rolled in and it was double header day. The weather was wonderful. It thought definitely was not so windy I was eating dirt stuck in my gum, and having to remove one of my contacts and place in CDD sunglasse case. Nope! That wasn't me.

The first game the boys struggled. With a lost of 10-3. Catcherdude's first @ bat .. oh lordy!! He "K". Then I really wasn't cursing and thinking, "Dump that POS bat!" Nah! I wouldn't do or say something to make Catcherdude feel horrible about his choice. (I later felt really bad about this) He did have 3 more AB. Which is good. Never see 4 AB in a game. He did have better AB after the first one. He got 2 1B, 2 stolen bases, and 1 R. So pretty good.

Second game they came out victorious. Winning 13-9. This time CD doubled, 1 SB, and 2 BB. So maybe the bat will be earning it's keep. We will see what magic it will bring lil man CD this weekend on his out-of-town tourney.





Now I am:

* Not procrastinating and not getting things all ready to go.
* I am not behind.
* I have finished shopping for CD's Birthday (that we are celebrating while gone)
* I have ordered the cookies for said birthday for team.
* I am not sitting here trying to think of more items just so I don't have to go load dishes and unload and reload laundry ....

Nope! Not Me!

Oh last item then I will have to move it .. move it ...

Catchers white jersey .. the numbers bled all over it and I tried and tried to get it out. I took it back to the store where the team ordered and received them. At first they were going to replace it. Then they called earlier and said it was "laundry error" and are charging me the $60 to replace it. I am totally Peeed Off about this.

Laundry Error my as- butt! I wash that in cold water. No colors. I know how to wash a dam- darn JERSEY!! I first agreed to it. But after talking to listening to CDD yell and fuss about how in the last year we have spent over $700 in that store on bats alone, not counting uniforms, batting helmets, gloves, etc .. and we just will take the bled white jersey and will think twice before stepping foot back in their store.

Now as a mom I have mixed emotions about this. I hate to think of him having to wear the awful mess of a jersey. But I see CDD's point too. *sigh* I am not sure what I will do. He told me to call her back in the a.m. I just don't know what to do.

Well All my chores are calling and I just remembered it is Medium night.

Night!!








Photobucket

2 comments:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

The bat and the dude needed to get used to each other. :)
The jersey? I wonder if you can say that they do a lot of business with teams and don't they want people to respect their product and service?

Emily said...

Great list! Hope your weekend isn't rained out!!!!