Sunday, April 19, 2009

Showering Sunday ..

Showering as in rain, rain, and more rain!!

What a weekend. So I sucked in and loaded up and went to the baseball tournament. I was still swearing Friday I was not going to go. But Catcherdude batting (no pun intended) those eyes at me. I just didn't have the heart to tell him no.

But by the time we drove there (approx. 1.5 hours) I was dying!! I was glad we left early enough we could check in at hotel and I could lay down for a while. That was about the only time I had troubles all weekend.

The boys played one game Friday night. They won that game 8-5. That would be the last win, and last dry moment we would have at the fields all weekend.

The first game on Saturday they lost 0-5. It rained through the whole game. Ugh! The the injuries started. First an OF was at bat, lost footing in batters box, pulled side and down groin. Ouch! Then Catcher Dude went to throw someone stealing second. He lost footing, and pulled groin. He went down! He tried to finish. He didn't want to be pulled out. But he went to pop-up and throw again, and his face said it all. So now he is pulled. But even if injured you have to take your AB (At Bat) or take an out. Dumb rule, but he and the other boy managed. Then change of pitchers happened and after a few batters, the pitcher lost his footing, slipped, and fell on pitching arm. Now the coach is fuming and goes after blue. They really should have stopped the game. But they didn't have the authority. Those of the powers to be could not be reached. Of Course!!

Then the second game starts. They had back to back games. Still raining. Lost again 2-11. Catcher Dude was not allowed to play. But still batted. He actually did well considering. He walked and doubled with an RBI. So that was good. But we were so wet and muddy after that. The weekend had turned on us for sure at this point. By the time we were done, the rain had stopped, but the fields would not recover.

Today the played one more game. Right before leaving for game, you guessed it .. rain started again. LOL. They lost again. 1-5. We were done. We carried so much wet, yucky, muddy crap back it was terrible.

Catcherdudes bag which is NEVER, ever, EVER allowed in the garage. Is sitting in the garage as it is to wet and full of mud to be in house. The white pants? They will never recover.

We are of course home now. It is raining here now (of course). I will have to call Sports Doctor tomorrow and get CD in to see what is what. *sigh* I hope he is not out for the season now.

It rained so much I really never got any good pictures. I even took my really good camera. But I never managed to get it out. Guess I should have Friday.



~*~*~ Getting Ready to Play ~*~*~


~*~*~ Dugout ~*~*~


~*~*~ Batter Up! ~*~*~


~*~*~ Run ... ~*~*~


~*~*~ Enough is enough! Let's get out of here.~*~*~



So like I said I will call Dr. in the a.m. Get him in, and we will go from there. I so hope the season is not lost!!

Meanwhile I totally need a warm hot shower and a nice welcoming bed.





Baseball Mom

2 comments:

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

Awww, what a nasty wet weekend. Our's ended up turning out pretty nice and Sunday was beautiful.

I was able to 'optimism' that rain away -- sorry I couldn't get you the same break.

Have a great Tuesday!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

Although I was glad to see the roof on the dugout, everybody must have been cold and wet, and our man CD went DOWN? Holy cats I hope he is OK.