Monday, April 13, 2009

Monday catch up

Well weekend was a wash. Today was a wash. Of course it is still raining again. Baseball practice washed out. So Catcher Dude went to teach classes at TKD. We certainly let this day slide through our fingers. We had big plans for the day too. We were going to see a movie. Go buy swim trucks that Catcher Dude will need wants this weekend. Go have lunch. There were many things on the plate. But what did we do?

Slept the entire day away. I got up took dad dude to school, and came back. I told catcher dude he needed to get up. He couldn't sleep the day way. He would not sleep tonight. Well I told him all this. Told him he had 10 minutes, then get up, shower, and start the day. Yeah! That was at 9 a.m. Next thing I know my cell is ringing. It is 1:30 p.m. YIKES!!

Oh well. What can you do about? Just move on.

I did take lil shit catcher dude Saturday to buy swimming trucks. He had a gift card in his wallet that he had not used from Christmas.

Me: "Did you call to check balance?"
CD: "I don't need to, I have not used it."
Me: "Okay, but you will need to hurry. I am still not feeling up to being out."

After a long time. He finally found some that fit. I am really tired of these stores and the sizes not fitting him. Go back to Target and Wal-Mart. For crying out loud!! So he decides he is going to spend the whole card. He got the swim trucks, a pair of shorts, and a hat (WTF? Another one?) Anyway we get to check out ..

He swipes his card. Balance due $48. Um, what? There was only 9 and some change on that card. I was livid. But more embarrassed than anything. It took the forever!! To get his card re-charged. They finally realized they could not credit back under $10 to gift card. The line backed up forever! I was in so much pain!! What a nightmare. They finally gave him a store credit and I got the hell out dodge.

Just for not calling .. I should NOT see he gets any trucks for the weekend. Besides, are they there to swim or play ball? Just saying .. just saying ..

So chalk it up to yet another time you should not listen to a teenager!! LOL



Baseball Mom

4 comments:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

Well, is it teenagers, or is it GUYS? I can, um, see myself doing the same thing as your son...
Thanks for the report and I hope you're feeling a little better each day.

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

Psst, there's a little awardie at my place for ya!

Yellow Beads said...

now that sounds like a bad day!

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

This is too funny! I love these little teenage CD stories ;-)

FYI, "I know! What is it about caps??? DH and Farmer, Jr. get free ones from chemical reps, seed reps, the hardware store, tractor store... They have hundreds and yet will not turn a new one down for dear sake!"

LOL