Monday, September 29, 2008

sleeping when you can't


Once again .. I can not sleep tonight. I do not know what the problem is sometimes. I just can not get my body to stop, my mind to stop racing a mile a minute. I want sleep. I need sleep. But even when I do get to sleep .. I dream! and my dreams wake me with mind running a mile a minute again. So many restless nights. It's not like I suffer from insomnia. Least I do not think so! never have before.
I hate starting my day off on insufficient sleep.

3 comments:

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

Children ruin our sleep cycle. All the middle of the night feedings.

I was so bad about three years ago? That, I would slur in the mornings -- finally went to the MD. He put me on Ambien CR. A months worth. That's all it really took to get my sleep cycle back.

But, I do still wake and do the whole "ring around the housie" thing. And, the bed check. And, musical beds.

I take an over the counter sleep aid to help me fall asleep and it holds me for a strong few hours.

You should try the Ambien -- if you need it? It works for you!

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

But get the Ambien "CR" that is theo one that not only helps you fall asleep -- but stay asleep!

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain!

I am like this when my husband is out of town. It's not that I'm worried about being "alone" in the house (with 4 kids, I'm obviously not ALONE). We live in an area where I feel really safe, so I don't have fears of what might happen in the dark of night. It's just that when dh isn't there, I can't sleep.

Great cartoon! :)