Thursday, September 25, 2008

Recap September

Okay well so I haven't been around much this month. I know there is still 6 days left of September, but For the most part the month is over.

Baseball:

Let's see baseball is still going on. CD is all set with his team(s) for the spring. With the flooding that occurred the 14th it put a delay on the fields at one park. But they are back open for business as of this Friday. I am not sure if CD will play 1 or 2 teams this spring (2009). He is currently playing two different fall teams. I am not sure what he is going to do about the second team (cobras), but he has accepted the offer from the Grizzlies. He actually has a contract with them. LOL!! The Cobra's actually play up a year higher than he has to play. But really only misses the cut of by 5 day to have to play this age division. But as usual we leave the baseball team deciding on him. His first team (g) does a lot to help off set the cost of select ball. So we will see.

School:

8th Grade seems to be going well. Grades from what I can tell are good. Though they could be better considering now is when Colleges (wtf?) start paying attention to attendance, grades, etc. But he is going well and I am proud.

I have gotten sucked into the PTSA and was elected the past school year as this years Secretary. I am not all that excited about the position. But I will fill 1 year of my 2 year term. CD leaves this year so I will only do one year. Along with holding that position on the board I am also committee chair of the PTSA snack cart. I am up there almost everyday running the snack cart, least until we get more volunteers. This is the second biggest fundraiser the school has.

This n that (TKD) ..

We did have an issue with another student that lives over a couple blocks and is on the bus. I believe I mentioned this last year, though I can not find where. I really am not sure what this students "issue" is but if asked, he comes up with some dumb ass excuse. So he decides to come out of know where and hit CD, which unfortunately for him is very pale, fair skin, and blacks not one but both lil guys eyes. Grrr. This is the second time this ball headed child has given CD a black eye.

So .....

Not that momma promotes fighting .. but she let CD and C dad dude twist my arm in to letting him take Tae Kwon Do. Not that my busy schedule wasn't busy enough .. now I transport to TKD 3-4 times a week. Least for a month. See how goes from there. But I do like that is not about fighting but more self defense. That I like. Promotes respectful attitude, focused mind, and confidence. I have already seen an improvement with some of the above. So we will see. He has already worked hard these last couple weeks and has earned the right to test for the next belt on the 9th.

Well I do believe that catches everyone up on CD moms coming and goings. Hope I didn't bore you all to much.

2 comments:

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

TKD is great! And, now your little guy will have some self defense moves and hopefully, in using them? It might put [just a tad] hurt on the bully kid.

Bully kids suck!

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

Thanks for poppin' in, commenting and playing along! Sorry you didn't win. This is my first time doing something like this.

But, although, I get timid about TMI online, it was fun. And, I like to share "happy" with good people just making their way.

And, I'M ON YOUR BLOG ROLL!!! I've been thinking I need to add you to mine too -- since, I read you and it's easier to keep up when I have the up-to-date-notice on my blog.

But, once when I was still a newbie I added a bloggie just cuz they were funny, cute, etc. Then, I changed my mind about what was being shared.

So, now....I date the blog a few times first -LOL!!!

I'll get ya' on there cuz' everyone knows ya' at my place now!

Happy Friday!!!!