Monday, August 25, 2008

This Is So True!

I was directed to this blog and it is so true. Great post. I really can relate to this in MANY ways replacing pool with ... [you fill in the blank] it happens all the time.

The Adventures of the Headless Family: Open Letter to People with Pools

Open Letter to People with Pools

Hey! I'm so glad that you chose to come on by. Have you been enjoying your summer? I'm sure that your POOL has given you many hours of glorious fun with your children this summer. Countless memories of splashing, wet, laughing moments.

I'm really happy for you. Really.

I do however have one request. I hope you don't mind. It's just a small thing.

Are you sure? OK. Here I go.

Next summer? Could you refrain from saying, in front of my pool-less children, that you would love to have us come over? That you'll call and set it up? That you would love for my children to come over to SWIM?


Go to her blog to finish reading .. it really is good. :-)

1 comment:

I can't find my blog said...

Wow! Thanks for the link! This post really hit home for a lot of people. Funny, because Headless Dad thought that I would get some 'hate mail' about it. I guess he just doesn't get moms like us moms do!?!

(I got your comment on the post but couldn't find you then. I'm glad I did now!)