Thursday, March 4, 2010

Day Four of Tryouts ...


We made it!! I can not believe the end of this week finally arrived. We actually made it to the end of this weeks tryouts. Boy was today a long day. It went okay the first part of the day. I was busy helping up at the High School at their Snack Store. So that filled most of the morning. But then afternoon came and it probably was worse than Monday in some ways. I never thought the 2 hours after school got out would ever get here.

But the good great FABULOUS news is Catcher Dude made it through the first cuts.

WTG CATCHERDUDE!!!!


Out of the 25 boys, 8 were cut, 2 moved up to JV, which left 15. I can not imagine they will cut more than 2-3, possible 4, more. So now we can exhale and regroup. Tryouts resume Monday, and as I said before final cuts on Thursday 12th. Catcher Dude was disappointed in not being invited to JV, but as his dad and I pointed out, the 2 they moved are 15 years old, are 3x a normal size freshman, and in the summer play with 17-18 year olds, so it would have been weird for them not to play up, and play a different position than him.

But I was about to kill the child as he walked out to the truck. NO EMOTIONS on his face. I could not read yes, no, nadda, my heart raced. I got instant heartburn. LOL. Jerk! I told him next week DO NOT pull that crap. LOL. But he had no clue what I was talking about. "What?! I was just walking to truck." Ugh!! Snot!

I have to say this week has taken it's toll. I would have never thought I would feel the emotions I have this week. Sure goes to show you just never know how a person will react to any given situation.
So there we have it. One more week to go.




Baseball Mom
©2006-2010 baseballmomrambles, all rights reserved.

4 comments:

Kelly Dawn said...

so is he trying out for JV? or Varsity? or Freshman baseball? We only have JV or Varsity in our town...still got all my stuff crossed :) kids think i am crazy :)

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

Aw, Mama! He's a teenager now. He's all in his own head and forgets about those who are his biggest fans.

Just wait till the Gals are hanging all around and distracting him, LOL!

I know it was tough, but it sounds like it was worth it! He's doing SUPER!

WTG!!!

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

Oh, and I almost forgot the:

"WHOOOOO-HOOOOOOO!"

Dana said...

CONGRATULATIONS Catcher Dude!