Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Our T.R.E.K. day

Things went very well considering.


I cancelled my therapy when I woke up as I was feeling under the weather. I didn't want to move out of the house. Then I looked at Calendar .. and there it sat .. circled .. TREK day.



  • Oh!
  • My!
  • But I don't feel well!
  • I want to take this sinus medicine and crawl back into bed!
  • The house needs care

Yes that all raced through my mind as I stood staring at calendar. So what did I do? I promptly placed the medicine back on the counter. Called son to kitchen, and asked ...


"What are we doing today?" Just you & I. You have my total attention.


As we walked out door and backed out of our driveway .. I knew .. I knew I did the right thing.


We ended up at the $ store. Where son got some dry erase markers, erasers, and color pencils. We did one stop for dad as he asked if we were out and about could we please make this stop for him. Then we grabbed some lunch. We talked. We talked about all the things happening lately, school, kids, etc .. It was really nice. Then off to movies. Kid really wanted to see "Shaggy Dog".


After that .. son knowing I was really feeling awful he did the most unselfish thing I have ever seen him do. He could have said he wanted to go do something else. But instead suggested we go home, snuggle up in my bed & watch a movie until time to go pick-up daddy. I of course snagged on that in a heartbeat!! Of course did I make it through the opening credits of movie? No! *smile* But it was nice to lay there next to son and snuggle up.


It was a nice day. Kid and dad went to hockey game in the evening and I finally took that sinus medicine and went to bed.

No comments: