Saturday, December 11, 2010

The Catcher's Report

The Catcher's Report


So we left off last week with me going to hospital to yet again have the infection cleaned out. What I was not expecting was to wake with another DAMN drain installed. Oh that was not on my plans. So that caused this to be a more slower
recovery. (As in I am still down for the count.) It is more painful to deal with that. Harder to "bounce" back. Driving is nearly impossible. :( Lucky for me I have a built in driver. CD has been wonderful. He picked up and ran with taking control and being very helpful.

CDD left as planned Saturday to go see the NFL game he and a co-worker planned a while back. But he wasn't even missed. CD cooked & cleaned. So I was quite able to just drug up and lay. :)

CD kept up with his busy week as usual. But it was okay. Busy days Monday & Tuesday, CDD was home on vacation. So still no need for me to do anything. He finished up Batting Lessons for the session. He is still Catching the Pitchers that are still having lessons. The Semester @ school ends this coming week, and Winter Break starts. So all is on track around here.

There is a snag, hopefully a minor one, fingers crossed. CD finally was able to get back to TKD. Just one more belt and he is finished. Just taking really long time, he is way to busy. But as saying he went Wednesday and then again Thursday. Somehow Thursday he managed to come down wrong on his right foot/ankle. He tried school Friday as you can not miss school with their schedule. Miss 1 day, workload of 2 days and right before grades due. NOT GOOD. He only made it thru 2.5 classes. DAMN!

He can still tonight can bare no weight. So now not only is he hurt. I do not have a helper or driver. Plus I am having a hard time helping him. :( Moms should never
not be able to help their children. Plus he could lose his catching position. Plus if he has to miss school again he is in BIG trouble. He won't be able to get things completed or finals in. Several of his classes he will not return to in Jan. So it is now or never. Then there is the issue if he is seriously hurt .. he might miss winter workouts for HS baseball and not be eligible to play in spring. Oy!! Just can't think about that.

He is told all the time he has to take care all the time. To much weighs on him to be healthy and not hurt.

CDD working 12 hour nights this weekend. Oy! I think he is going to have to stop committing to OT. Things are falling apart.

Other than that Christmas seems to be in good standings. I have to get wrapping done this week while CD is at school. I will not get a chance other wise. I was going to try and get out and buy him 1 or 2 other things but I don't see that happening.


So that pretty much sums up this week of The Catcher's Report ..


.... Until next time.









Baseball Mom
©2006-2010 baseballmomrambles, all rights reserved.

No comments: