Friday, December 14, 2007

Rest in Peace

This Wednesday my uncle passed away. He was in the hospital a few weeks/months back and got some sort of bacterial infection. Apparently you can only get this from a hospital, and highly contagious. Anyway he fought and fought and could not kick it. He passed away.

This is my mother's sister’s husband. She (my aunt, mom’s sister) is unfortunately not aware of this as she is in a nursing home with full blown Alzheimer’s.

This is actually days a vuu (sp) for me, the family. My grandfather passed away while my grandmother was in nursing home with Alzheimer’s.

This actually breaks my heart the most. I can not imagine not knowing my beloved was gone, because I was gone mentally. I have a hard time with Alzheimer’s. It scares me to death. They say it is not heredity but I my grandmother had it. Now 2 of the 5 girls my grandmother had have Alzheimer’s.

Sorry side tracked.

We will be leaving to go out of town Saturday, and I will be back some time Monday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Monica,

Sorry to hear about your Uncle. I hope that you have a safe trip. All my love and thoughts with you during the trying time.

Kathy and family

Elisa said...

Sorry to hear about your uncle. That's very sad. :(