Monday, December 10, 2007

Catch up and a long ramble

First who ordered this ice? I sure as double hockey sticks didn't. I really do not know what the flip floppin deal is but we NEVER use to get ice storms. Snow, yes. But flickin ice? Get outta here. As I type this I am once again waiting on a repair person to come rescue my house. The cable wires are pulling out my siding and stuff from the house. Umm .. ah ... hell NO!! I just had this repaired from last years ice storms. They told me Thursday at first, I said sure and I will send the bill of repair when it pulls and breaks the house trim and siding. NOW they all of a sudden had time to come out tonight. Yeah, so says them and there between 2p and 6p. So well will see.

It sure is pretty. But sure causes a lot of damage. I really thought the district might close today. There were quite a few. CD missed the bus and as I slide out of driveway I was really thinking school was not worth the risk of crashing. But alas I did make it fine once on HWY. So all was good, until I of course slipped on sidewalk coming back into house this morning. Dad dude quickly took care of that before I choked him.

I did give in and decorated this house. But CD is fully aware there will be no Christmas presents this year. Just can not swing it. Some how we are still in a sinking hole. It is hard to go from a family of 3 to 5 and still same income. *sigh* But I am working on getting it fixed. But all pennies and accounted for until later in 2008. So if giving up Christmas gets Catcher Dude on the fields of his dreams, then this is what we will do.

Speaking of Catcher Dude, his arm. Ah, yes the wonderful elbow that needed big time repair. He is still going to therapy. But the insurance saw fit to not approve it and is costing me in the millions, err thousands, err well in the grand hundreds that could reach thousand. Thanks! I am so glad dad dude pays out the ass at this job for his insurance only to have to pay BIG outta pocket money. FUCK YOU BCBS!! But the therapy is going well. He is learning plenty of exercises and drills that will pay off in the long run and should HUGELY improve the arm strength and build up the arm so it will not happen again. Still working on the Catcher's Program from the Doctor office. But it is hard to do it every other day with dad dude working nights. Then the weather is not a friend either. It is cold, raining, icy and making impossible to get it all in. This program IMO is not made for winter but summer. But he has to be repaired before then if not missing the season.
Catcher dude also finally made his team picks. He dropped 2. So this is good news. The team (Cyclones) are only going to be a tournament team. So no league play, just tournaments. They are actually going to play in the Cooperstown Dreams Park Tournament and he is so excited he could bust!! This tournament is in New York, and lasts 7 days. He will get to stay in dorms. This apparently is the tournaments of all tournaments, if you ask the boys. Us? The money sucker of all money suckers. There is the fee to pay for the boys (over $600) , but the parents have to find accommodations. Umm I called around over the weekend for prices. Over $200 a night for hotels ($1750). Get the fuck outta here. I had to put a deposit down for a place to stay yesterday. This is insane. He doesn't play there until another 7 months, but everything was booking up now and FAST. PLUS .. do we even know if he will be able to play? Or still playing at that time? *sigh* Taking a BIG risk here.
What else is on the fire? Hmmm ...

I thought I had some other things I was going to ramble on about, but I am at a loss right now. So I will stop. I have rambled enough.

No comments: