Sunday, October 7, 2007

Sad Ending .. Confusing choices ahead

So LH ended their last double header losing 9-4, then winning 13-7. Not bad. Being this kids really have never played together I guess all in all they did well.

Today was the last game of this season with the Longhorns. Little bitter sweet. I really love this coach. He has really stepped up catcher dude's game. But as it turns out Catcher Dude will be moving on. As I talked about in the 10-01-07 blog. CD went and tried out for a triple A team (Which is a few levels above the Longhorns), he was offered a position with that team. So why am I not jumping for joy? hmm... good question. I just really like the LH coach. I really do not know much about the triple A team coaching staff so I really need to give them a chance.

CD will be having practice next Sunday with his new triple A team, and then in November is the parent meeting. So I guess I should hold my judgement off until then. DH isn't a fan of letting CD play more than one team, though he let the rule bend for fall ball and kid played two teams, select & rec. But Thursday night Catcher Dude filled in on a rec team (the A's) @ BMAC. He helped them collect their second win of the season, 6-3. He was blocking balls like a mad man. He scored twice. which they invited him to play again this Monday. Then another rec team (Chargers) asked if he could sub this Monday and the remainder of their fall ball season which is another 4-5 games. See this is what happens when teams allow kids to play more than one sport. They end up being short and have to look outside to fill the line up. But good for CD. So at least he extended his fall ball games for another 6-7 more games. His rec team (Rhino's) have one more double header Saturday then their done as well.

Then what will Spring/Summer 2008 ball bring? Well it really is in the air. As it breaks down this is the options:

Triple A:

Offered a position on their team. They are considering just playing tournaments and not league. Which could free CD up to play a second team.

Longhorns (Select Silver):

Still on their team and our expecting him back to start workouts in January.

1. Not play Triple A, and play this level.
2. Which he could play as a second team when not playing tournaments with Trip A.

Rhinos (Flor. Rec team):

Choices here are about the same as above

ONE: Drop all together.
TWO: Have him practice and play as a third team and only show up when not playing with above.

Which really I do not see as an option. I am not for dragging them along. They probably deserve more than he can offer them. But who knows, he owns a uniform so they might.

A's & Chargers (BMAC & MH Rec team):

They are offering to pay every cost and play as a 3rd choice (which is really a 4th choice) and just show up when ever he can and play whenever he can. Not expecting more than that.


So will DH bend again and let him continue with more than one team? Will the balls all align and it all fall into place? I really don't know. But decisions need to be made. Monies are due by Dec 1.

Ah .... decisions, decisions ..


All I know is I want to sit and have a good cry and have no clue why. I wish I could pin point what is making me so sad about all this. I do know I hate making these types of choices. *sigh* I should really talk to Catcher Dude, seriously ..

No comments: