Wednesday, October 10, 2007

knock me over w/ a feather ~ Rachel's Challenge

Catcher Dude turned down a baseball game. I was just shocked. He had a chance to play again tonight or go to the home opener. He went back and forth with the choice all day. But finally picked the home opener.

He is playing again tomorrow. So I have another night off. I am off to a presentation tonight at the High School. 'Rachel's Challenge'



Rachel Scott was the first person killed at Columbine High School on April 20, 1999. Her acts of kindness and compassion coupled with the contents of her six diaries have become the foundation for one of the most life-changing school programs in America - Rachel's Challenge.


I have heard nothing but positive things about this. Though not recommended for young children as I understand. So since CD is with the dad dude tonight I am off for some me time.


also .....

I finally after repeat times of trying to get a hold of the Communication teacher, the main Principal told me the SSD supervisor had been contacted. So I stepped in and called today, and dropped my *bomb* I hope they take this serious and steps are taken, as I will press the issue. I am most certain the SSD supervisor will take the steps needed. They know I am *stick a fork in me* and I want the SSD teacher removed. They have until the trimester to solve.

also .....

My headaches are starting again. Ugh! I am hoping it is the weather changes. Though I am nursing a lot of Advil. So we will see. I can always call and start my meds again.

also ....

I have put in motion the steps to begin working out of the home again. Money needs to start coming in more. This is what happens when the household increases, and not the income. I have a few feelers out there. So we will see.



------------------------------

Later in the evening ... Continued .....



This was a wonderful presentation. I believe all middle school & high schools should have 'Rachel's Challenge' presented in their school. I really do not believe there was a dry eye in the room.

It is sort of sad the district only had this at one of the High School's. They should have tried to have this presented at a couple schools. I really would have liked to seen Catcher Dude see this tonight.

This was so worth the hour sitting on hard bleachers to go hear tonight. If you or your child get a chance to go to a presentation, I urge you to go. She truly is (was) an amazing girl.




I have this theory that if one person can go out of their way to show compassion then it will start a chain reaction of the same. - Rachel Scott



All quotes & photos are from the website.

No comments: