Monday, June 14, 2010

Over 300 miles and back again

So this weekend we were in Memphis for a baseball tournament. It was a H-O-T weekend, but least there was no rain this time. (Refering to BUST post)



It was a good time. I do wish though our manager would stop requesting no games on Fridays. Our boys the had to play 3 on Saturday. 2:45 pm, 5:00 pm, and 9:30 pm. But the 9:30 field was on a delay and they didn't start until after 10. We were playing ball after mid-night. LOL.



Boys faired well. But I will say you come up against these country boys and you have your work cut out for you. We ended up not seeding into Semi-Finals for Sunday so we did get a jump on an early arrival Sunday.

Only to pull into town and leave house again an hour later to play ball for AN team. So no rest for the weary.

I am through with distant drives for now I tell you. I can tell I am older now. I remember when the 15 hour drive we had from the AFB to home was nothing. Now I am wiped after a lil ol' 6 hour drive. LOL.

Tonight we have to drive a little over an hour to AN team game. It is SOOooo not worth driving that far for that team. Oh well. Had I been thinking ahead I would have booked a hotel and stayed down there for the night. Just seventeen more miles south and we could spent the next day at the Caverns. But I didn't think of that.

So until next time ...

Enjoy the day. :)

Baseball Mom
©2006-2010 baseballmomrambles, all rights reserved.

1 comment:

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

WOW! We've been traveling a lot too but to visit and vacation! Sometimes I'm still in awe of your commitment to Catcher Dude!

You Rock! I hope he realizes that! ;-)