Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Homeschool time

I have really really been considering the whole homeschooling thing again. I am just fed up!! I really thought I had searched well and this school was a great fit with kid. Things were going well. Some "issues" but all bearable I suppose. But this quarter (3rd) is just making my hair turn gray again!! Things are certainly getting out of hand. Kid back to wanting to stay home. He had not missed one day of school since it started back in July. Now within a weeks time twice home. *oy* I do not have the energy anymore. Hubby seems to believe it is just the teacher and give it a try still next year. But I am not sure I want to chance it. I just don't know what the "answers" are .. and the more I think .. the more thy head hurts. *smile*

The whole pulling him out and homeschooling sounds so right for us. But also sounds and "looks" over whelming. I am sure once you get started it is fine. Just the whole "getting" started thing. *laugh* I just don't have the answers. I am not sure I want to "hang in" there as hubby suggests for even the rest of this school year. 3-4 more months of teacher, school, and/or both could really do damage to this child. We just seemed like things were on track again from the 3 years of *hell* from past school.

I also doubt myself. I doubt I can do any help to him. That I can "teach" .. what do I know about teaching? I do not have degrees, etc ...



So anyway. That is what is on burner now.

No comments: