Thursday, October 8, 2009

Hazing in High School - Part 2

So to continue where we left off from first post (See Part 1)

It ended up that another parent sent an anonymous letter to the Assistant Superintendent that Wednesday night. So it was removed from my hands and I ended up not having to do anything.

The freshman boys missed most of all their morning classes Thursday as they were all being shipped from one office to another. They all had to write statements stating what happen during spirit week. There were many who tried to refuse to write statements, but that really didn't work out for them.

The Assistant Principal, Sports Director, and Cross Country Coaches ended up kicking 9 kids off the cross country team. 5 kids were suspended. 2 removed from NHS. 1 senior lost his cross country scholarship.

When they were finish cleaning house their top 7 was gone. Plus other top runners. So there was not much left in competition for the team.

Even though I kept my mouth shut and stayed out of it the blame ended up on CD. Funny you would think they would have smarts NOT to then run their mouths of facebook. *rolling eyes* I am beginning to believe Seniors have no better sense than freshman class. :)

They were convinced he ratted them all out. But I tell ya what if I was sending out emails it would not be "anonymous" nor would I have skipped every Administrator at the school.

Cross country is now over. The boys are back in school. Everything seems to have blown over. Guess this just better be lesson learned for the boys from here on out. Fun is fun. But use Common Sense.


Baseball Mom

1 comment:

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

I'd been wondering about this. I am glad the school stood strong and set the example that this type of behavior will not be tolerated.

This will definitely set the bar for next year....

It's unfortunate that CD had to be a part of it, but I feel relieved that the administrative offices AND coach/es took this serious.

I remember an incident in high school where a few lost privileges and even a scholarship. It is sad, but it does remind the rest of them to make their decisions and choices smartly, founded, and thinking of the future.

Thanks again for the update...