Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Catcher Ducks, Umpire Gets Hit With Pitch

Okay I think they are making way more out of this then need be. Even and I stress even if this was done on purpose .. he was in no way hurt. I take balls off the mask all the time. I actually think this is pretty funny. I wouldn't mind doing this to a few umps we have had this summer. rofl.

I will state now for the record .. my views are not of those of my parents .. (giggle)





Story posted at MYFox WGHP

A Georgia high school pitcher and catcher are under investigation for an incident Saturday in which an umpire was hit in the face with a pitch.

According to several published reports, in the fourth inning of the AAA championship game in Cartersville, Ga., Stephens County catcher Matt Hill ducked and pulled his glove down, allowing the pitch from Cody Martin to hit the umpire in the face mask.

The umpire, Jeff Scott, was not injured.

Reports suggested the play could have been retaliation against the Scott, who had called out nine Stephens County batters in a row on strikes. Martin's brother, Ethan Martin, is the team's shortstop and was the last batter to strike out.

The Atlanta Journal Constitution reported that Stephens County principal apologized to the state high school association, but admitted no wrongdoing. Coach Mark Gosnell said the incident was a mixup between the pitcher and catcher.

1 comment:

Just Me said...

Good thing you posted not the views of my parents comment boy!!

But I do agree with you .. it was taken to the extreme.